Thursday, July 9, 2009

Living in illustration

Ever since I was old enough to open up a book I've always been enchanted by illustrations and a part of me always wanted to visit the drawn worlds of Blake and Sendak. Thanks to the ever visually stunning wecouldgrowuptogether I was introduced to the wonderful illustrations of Jonathon Reid Sevigny and now I want to visit his imagined world.


Sevigny's the reckless youth odyssey forced Kwannum to declare that this is a world where "boys wear short shorts and rolled-up skinny jeans, pairing those with saddle or green shoes, having awesome hair, pouting with melancholy, and looking like girls, wait, or are they girls?" and I couldn't put it better myself. The styling of these youths far out excels a number of magazine editorials I have seen in recent months alongside the short, shorts and cuffed skinnies there are oversized shirts, JW Anderson-esque knitwear and even a cape! If I had any artistic talent I would doodle scenes just like this but thankfully Sevigny has saved me the hassle and I will just spend the rest of the afternoon enjoying his illustrated stylish scenes.

No comments:

Post a Comment