Monday, April 16, 2007

Eley Kishimoto Shoe Storm

Oh the weather outside is frightful. So let's pretend, shall we, that it's raining not big, yukky, puddle-producing buckets of rain but instead shoes by British husband-and-wife team Eley Kishimoto.


($347, Eley Kishimoto, Asos.com)
I don't usually go for T-bars, nor shoes that cost nearly $350, but good GOD these are amazing. I LOVE the super '70s, Partridge-happy combo of red, white, blue and yellow.



($364, Eley Kishimoto, Asos.com)
Such beauty.



($321, Eley Kishimoto, Asos.com)
Much like that annoying Corrs song, Eley Kishimoto's Cut Out Court Shoe pretty much leaves me breathless.

A few more from the Eley Kishimoto site:

Peep 'em here.



These are just so perfectly vintage looking that look like they should have that good thrift store musk smell (as opposed to the depressing old people death thrift store smell). And I mean that in a good way.


Here's a used pair
, but otherwise, my eBay search netted NO shoe results. Boo... Now for some non-Eley Kishimoto shoes:


($180, S&J, Satineboutique.com)
Love the innocent old-schooliness of the buckle and strap with the Trash and Vaudeville color scheme.



($265, Devotte, Satineboutique.com)
Yay for the vintageness of the Kaitlyn wedge. And I was JUST discussing with someone this weekend about how hot teal is. So if I said it, you KNOW it must be true.




($79, Vince Camuto, Smartbargains.com)
Is it weird that I like these?


And now, to be serious for a rare moment... I (Tamron Lohan) graduated from a university very near to Virginia Tech and have family and friends all throughout Virginia. So, not to be "that girl" and take some weird, dramatic, overrelating tragedy co-opter who's like "Oh my God! I once DROVE BY THERE" or "I knew a guy who knew a guy who knew someone's roommate who once went to a party with someone at Virginia Tech," or something, but it does hit really close to home. It's just extremely surreal. My heart and thoughts go out to all of the victims and their loved ones and the Tech students and community.

No comments:

Post a Comment