Friday, February 20, 2009

Hayden-Harnett Fall Winter 2009. Plus: HH Footwear Will Be Death Of Me

I stopped by the Hayden-Harnett Fall-Winter 2009 presentation at the Chelsea Hotel last night. To complement the hotel's creepy-cool vibe (at times though, the hotel felt more creepy than cool -- like 1970s kindergarten up and left for no apparent reason -- and I got hit on by some yukky dude with a dog in the lobby), the models -- arranged in tableau vivant and styled like ruffian vagabond outcasts from Sally Bowles' apartment or some other Weimar Republic-era setting mashed up with nostaglic relics from That '70s Uncle's basement -- took away a little from the clothing. (There was even one girl on the john.) Not that I wouldn't be at home in any of the dramatic shifts, geometric silky prints and deep, rich suedes, but mainly I really really, of course, loved the bags, shoes, and necklace, like the one in this shot below:

(Photo via WWD)

And the SHOES! Oh the shoes...
($240, Hayden-Harnett)
They're spring, but who cares? They're amazing.

($258, Hayden-Harnett)
Um, studs. Hi.

Of COURSE my camera died the instant I walked under the doorframe. Fail. But, Rachel from Things I Like Right Now was there and took great snaps, including one of the girl on the can. Hee!

No comments:

Post a Comment