Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Forever 21:3:16

This tidbit came up the other day while discussing that Zara swastika (Zarastika?) story... in case you din't know... yes, Forever 21 DOES have wee little John 3:16s printed on the bottom of their shopping bags. Weird, right?

(Photo yoinked from this random Spanish blog)

The highly underrated New York Sun (which, to me, is like Salon.com but less of a commitment!) did a good piece on the Forever 21 bags last year.

I love this amazing quote from the New York Sun article:

"Jesus wore clothes," a 22-year-old from Brooklyn, Jason Schultz, said when informed about the phrase on his bag. He said it didn't bother him that the company wanted to spread a religious message.

TROOTH!

Anyway, I personally don't really have a problem with this. If I were Christian and super into the Bible, maybe I would, but then again, if I were Christian and super into the Beeblay, I'd probably be really stoked that John and his message were getting out to those who need it most: teenagers who buy cheap, slutty clothes! (Or, adult women like me who buy their designer knockoffs!)

I actually find it WAY more disturbing that In-N-Out burger prints a passage from Revelations on the bottom of their burger wrappers. Because NOTHING says “Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and dine with him, and he with Me” like animal style fries!

(Photo by me from my trip to the ORIGINAL In-N-Out Burgz in San Francisco.)

No comments:

Post a Comment