Monday, February 18, 2008

Make Up For Ever: Fascinating Lip Gloss


Recently, I received the lovely Make Up For Ever Diamonds Forever Kit ($49 at Sephora). The whole kit was quite cute -- I really liked the Waterproof Lengthening Mascara it came with (I generally don't use waterproof mascara, but if I did, this would probably be my new fave. I am now, though, tempted to try Make Up For Ever's washable mascara).

Anyway, my favorite element was the Fascinating Lip Gloss Pearly Transparent 1. It's a sheer glitter shade, but fear not: this is no candy raver goop. (By the way, in the Trends section of Allure's Feb. 2008 issue, Michele Tacconelli of QVC was quoted as saying that glittery makeup is essentially out. Jump 28 pages, and you get a six-page spread on glittery looks. Uhhh, okay? Per Allure, shimmery looks are in. I say, shimmer = maybe. Glitter: almost never. )

It's much more of a glassy shine than a discoy-glitter gloss, if that makes sense. It's very light with absolutely not stickiness -- it's extremely light, which might explain why it comes off a bit more quickly than thicker glosses, but it's a fair trade for not having to unstick your hair from your lips. Because that's always sexy.

Oh, and the best part: it tastes and smells like fruit punch. Specifically old-school Hawaiian Punch.



The rub: The only photo I can find of the Pearly Transparent gloss right now is the pic of the Diamonds For Ever kit. But that's okay, because it's clear, so there's not much to see.

The gloss is $18, but here's the other rub: it's currently sold out on Sephora, but I've got my fingers crossed that they'll restock soon, because at the liberal rate at which I'm applying this ho, she'll be gone faster than a white line up Lindsay Lohan's right nostril.


Speaking of Hawaiian Punch, check this amazing vintage Punchy phone I found at Bigfootsden.com. There's never been a more compelling argument for me to spend 89 bucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment