Monday, June 9, 2008

Bicycle, Bicycle: You are My Bicycle Bag

So, I recently got a bicycle. And it has kinda changed my life. Now I can zoom around Brooklyn so easily and quickly, with the wind in my hair and the burn in my thighs. And it's a step-through frame, which means I can wear cute dresses and not flash the world as I mount (ahem) my awesome bike. However, it does present a particular fashion challenge, which is this: The bike bag. It has to be a cross-body/messenger style, big enough to fit a U-lock (until I get an attachment so I can hook it to the bike while I'm riding), and, of course, cute. So I've been looking around, and here's what I've realized: Most messenger bags are profoundly uncute. Yet I managed to find a couple of good 'uns:



Of course, the best and most unique stuff is on Etsy. I'm loving Ouno's white reclaimed leather bag, $230.



I also like madebycate's recycled-leather messenger bag, $185.



Juliana Jabour Bosla satchel, $548.10. Nice, but no chance.

Here's what I actually bought:



Vero Vintage's brown leather messenger bag with tree print, $22. A little small but totally me. And...



Deux Lux pintuck satchel, $68. Adjustable cross-body strap AND regular shoulder straps, tons of room, and interesting details? Sold.

No comments:

Post a Comment