Wednesday, May 27, 2009

What Is This J. Crew Catalog Trying To Tell Me?

Anyone else get the June 2009 J. Crew catalog? (Um, which I wouldn't even GET if it weren't for a CERTAIN BRIDESMAID'S DRESS... ahem... JK LOVE YOU MEAN IT LOVE YOUR HAIR HOPE YOU WIN!)

Anyone else notice that the model on the cover is holding a REALLY large flower? A flower in bloom? Page 4 informs the reader that the flowers are one-of-a-kind, not available for purchase (pity, that) and that they "just couldn't resist" using them for the shoot... They COULDN'T resist using an ENORMOUS flower that's full of folds and may or may conjure images and ideas of labial folds?

I mean, there is basically an enormous Georgia O'Keefe-style FLOWER VAGINA sitting on my coffee table right now. I'm uncomfortable.



Skeptical? Here's a closeup shot:

You could at least buy me dinner first.

No comments:

Post a Comment