Saturday, February 20, 2010

LFW: Showroom Next Door: Casely-Hayford AW10

Before I can go out and explore the outside world I just have to share the first glimpses of CaselyHayford's Aw10 collection with you. Fresh after showing you Mr Hare, I could not think about beginning my weekend before sharing yet another Style Salvage favourite with you. I could not stop thinking about this collection last night. In fact I dreamed that I woke up inside of the Showroom Next Door and everything was mine, the space had become the ultimate wardrobe. Unfortunately I woke up and was met with a view of my messy room but at least I have the following images to savour and daydream over...

A wool biker jacket takes pride of place in the presentation. It can either be worn long or short depending on the fancy of the wearer.

A number of labels attempt to combine a street and sport aesthetic with formal tailoring but very few truly pull it off. Casely-Hayford are leading the few who have done just that. The father and son design duo have undoubtedly built on the successes demonstrated in their first three offerings with a fully drool inducing fourth collection. I bumped in to Charlie last month and he hinted that this was the collection they wanted to make when they launched the label. Having spent a good half hour marveling at the collection in the showroom, it is easy to see why...

A beautiful leather and wool biker jacket.

The collection builds on the sportswear and tailoring mix by adding military influences both in terms of the battle friendly palette and the armour like finishing detailing. As much as I love taking my seat at catwalk shows, it is these opportunities which I love the most. So much of menswear depends on the quality of finish. To be able to inspect, touch and feel the collection creates a much greater understanding than watching any number of shows. The beauty in this collection is in the finishing details, just look at the below close up shot of the leather and wool biker jacket...

A close up. Plaited leather sits on top of padded leather to create a biker jacket bursting in protection.

Casely-Hayford's clothes start from a traditional stand point, but rather than being nostalgic and whimsical, they choose to reflect the spirit of 21st century gentleman, a a character conscious of many reference points yet someone who chooses to distill his style into a concise statement.

Men's tailoring has certainly moved on since the days of the Duke of Windsor, and although he is a great inspiration and a foundation for the brand, the modern sartorialist has a different appetite. The modern sartorialist's requirements, desires, and practical needs have been drawn towards this synergy between the formal and athletic. For this collection, the duo include the requirement and need of protection. This sartorial cocktail is extended within the accessories...

A cardigan lays by the side of eye popping pocket squares and leather wrist protectors.

A close up of the leather wrist protectors.

I am now chomping at the bit to see the AW10 look book and as soon as I have it in my inbox I will share it with you all. This is the collection that Casely-Hayford have wanted to make since launching the label and this is the collection we all wanted. Now I can enjoy my weekend but no doubt I'll be day dreaming about that biker jacket...

No comments:

Post a Comment