Friday, February 19, 2010

Style Like Brandon

My guide in New York Brandon Acton Bond as featured on Stylelikeu.
To him this outfit reads hippy from the year 2150." Issey Miyake Green Sheer Top, Brown Patterned Shirt purchased at the Brick Lane Market in London, Vintage Avon Owl Pin.

As I was somewhat unexpectedly absorbed in to the busy schedule of New York Fashion, the amount of free time I had to roam the streets, visit exhibitions and most importantly to shop, was greatly limited. There were just so many strong presentations and shows that I could not ignore. However, on the penultimate day the schedule allowed a full day off. As this was only my second time in the Big Apple, I needed a guide and thankfully an Englishmen living in New York jumped at the chance to take me around time. I feel just like the Sting song in this big city but for good friend Brandon Acton-Bond it is home. I first met Brandon about two years when he excitedly rushed up to Susie in the boutique shoe department of Topshop and we have kept in sporadic contact ever since. Whenever our paths cross I always admire his style, so who better to be my New York guide. During an afternoon where we faced blizzard like conditions he took me to his favourite stores including Issey Miyake, Jil Sander, Seven, Beacons Closet and About Glamour but sadly I didn't take my camera with me. So unfortunately I did not document my trip but I can still introduce you to my guide because he has just been featured over on Stylelikeu.

Brandon believes that clothes should be considered everyday mood elevators. Vintage Nurses Cape, Navy Button-Down Shirt purchased at Opening Ceremony, Comme des Garcons for H&M
Women's Blazer

As you can tell from these images, Brandon loves nothing more than mixing romantic with futuristic, like the touch of capes, ponchos, and hoods with his silver trench and sleek aviators. He has a newly discovered passion for Issey Miyake after meeting a passionate consumer of this particular couturier and we spent at least an hour exploring the Tribecca Store. I could wax lyrical about his thirst for knowledge and passion for personal style but I think it best to point you in the direction of the wonderful piece over on Stylelikeu and let the man himself talk through his style below...


Brandon from Stylelikeu.com from Stylelikeu on Vimeo.

I first discovered Stylelikeu back in June and have kept a keen eye on the site ever since as it continually showcases a slew of innovative young men and women in fashion and art. Mother and daughter duo Elisa & Lily created this site from a pure fascination of people with great style and this is of course is a fascination we share here at Style Salvage. We are so used to reacting to the odd snapshot of people with style across our favourite street style blogs but it is great that this site digs a little deeper and celebrate true, individual style.

No comments:

Post a Comment