Friday, October 22, 2010

Wrapping up in a gentle wake for Autumn


As the mercury has continued to ooze southwards in recent weeks I decided that my wardrobe was in desperate need for an injection of wool. Having recently posted about Braille's SS11 collection and the launch of their online store, my search wasn't a long one. As mentioned last month, the London based design duo, Benjamin Vorono and Samuel Kientsch, burst on to the scene at Vauxhall Fashion Scout back in February and they've since gone from strength to strength. A Gentle Wake took inspiration from an autumnal holiday on the Croatian coast. It showcased a smart, masculine silhouette while using wool, hemp and silk to create pieces that are both accessible and exciting.


Working with the season friendly palette of brown, rust, forest green and grey, the duo breathed fresh life in to the wanting lungs of an assortment of classic essentials. Braille manage to encapsulate the ideal blend of minimalist design and modernity. The talented duo design garments that can effortlessly slide in to any man's wardrobe. Soon after their online store launched earlier this month and forced to resist the temptation of the other items, I snapped up the wool zip scarf. It was time to wrap myself up in a piece of gentle wake for Autumn...


Around this time last year I celebrated the season with a harvest festival of an outfit post inspired by Fantastic Man's October Look and I am itching do reenact this sartorial celebration. Ever since my eyes first encountered the combination of autumnal hues and the comforting and playful layering I have longed to dress in the true spirit of the season of dropped leaves. During October, the rich colours of autumn really come into play and should be celebrated. The forest green zip wool scarf will play an important part in this years ensemble. 


Dressed head to toe in various autumnal hues, it is difficult not to have a little fun standing in a pile of crisp leaves. However, too eager to wait for my next trip to Hampstead Heath I decided to share the scarf and the various ways of wearing it with you first. After the initial confusion of the double zip, I soon found my way...

Zip wool scarf by Braille worn with corduroy shirt and woll trousers by Uniqlo and crombie by ASOS Black.


Now, I'm off to construct my Fallen Leaf Outfit 2.0. Am I slightly mad for wanting to dress like a fallen leaf at the age of twenty six? The answer is of course a resounding yes but do I care? Not a jot. Dressing each morning should be fun. I will no doubt head to the Heath while it is at its most beautiful over the course of the next few weeks and this Braille scarf will undoubtedly adorn my neck.

No comments:

Post a Comment