Tuesday, January 11, 2011

THIS Is How You Wear Orange


Before watching Emmy Rossum on "Late Night With Jimmy Fallon," I had almost no opinion of her, good or bad. My only knowledge of her was fact-based. She was in the "Phantom of the Opera" movie. (Fact!) I once saw her on 45th Street holding hands with Adam Duritz. (Fact!) She's in that new show with William H. Macy. (Fact!)

But after seeing her on Fallon in this amazing J. Mendel outfit, she's now unofficially the queen of orange. Orange is my favorite color, but, as we probably all know, it's a really difficult color to wear, especially if you're fair-skinned (and I am!) But Emmy looks absolutely stunning in head-to-toe, two-orange. I love the warmth her gold earrings bring out and her perfect neutral, muted makeup. Kudos to you, Emmy Rossum! Or, as Ramona Singer would say, "kudoose!"

I can't tell if her shoes are maroon or brown, but they're not, THANK GOODNESS, black, which can be one of those worst colors you could pair with orange, lest you look like a walking celebration of Halloween.

But, orange is big for Spring 2011, so here a few tips for wearing orange:
+ Gold accessories. Stay golden!
+ Wear beige, camel, tan or putty-colored shoes. I LOVE the combination of orange and beige heels.
+ If you can pull it off, complement orange with  sky blue or rusty brown accents. Or even a sweet lavender.


(Credit: Redcarpet-fashionawards.com)



Oh, and watch Emmy Rossum on Fallon. She's adorable AND a cat person! YAY!


No comments:

Post a Comment